Yen Press is spending this weekend at Sakura-Con in Seattle, Washington, and you all know what that means…
It means anyone NOT in Seattle, NOT attending Sakura-Con is missing out on some seriously awesome giveaways! We’ve got posters, stickers, bookmarks, postcards, keychains, and more! If you ARE at S-C and you HAVEN’T stopped by the Yen booth(!), be sure to visit BOOTH #529,531 and say hello!
Okay, okay, we know what you’re really waiting for: NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM YEN PRESS!
Coming in 2013, an original adaptation of Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl’s bestselling BEAUTIFUL CREATURES! For the past few months, Ethan Wate has been plagued with vivid, terrifying dreams—a mysterious girl cries out for his help, but as he reaches for her, she slips through his fingers and plunges into darkness. The dreams are unsettling, but awake, life in his small Southern town is the same-old news…until the new girl comes to town. And she looks almost…familiar…even though this tiny town has never seen the likes of a girl like Lena Duchannes… Talented newcomer Cassandra Jean will be illustrating this dark romantic fantasy, which will be serializing in YEN PLUS magazine online later this year.
And of course, we have a wealth of new manga licenses comin’ your way later this year!
- Thermae Romae by Mari Yamazaki, an award-winning manga series that celebrates the bathhouse culture of ancient Rome and modern Japan, recently adapted as a TV anime and live-action film. Yen Press will be releasing Thermae Romae in a deluxe hardcover omnibus format, with each omnibus containing two volumes of the original series.
- Kaoru Mori: Anything and Something, a standalone collection of short stories and art by Kaoru Mori, author of the critically-acclaimed A Bride’s Story and Emma. Kaoru Mori: Anything and Something will be released as an oversized hardcover to match A Bride’s Story.
- Umineko When They Cry, a manga adaptation of the mystery visual novel series by Ryukishi07, author of the New York Times bestselling Higurashi When They Cry. This series will be released as an oversized omnibus edition, with each English volume containing two volumes of the original series.
- Blood Lad by Yuuki Kodama, a dark, comedic fantasy about a human girl’s efforts to recover her life—with the help(?) of vampire/demon boss Staz—after she stumbles into the demon world.
- Triage X, a fast-paced, full-throttle action series from the artist behind the New York Times bestselling Highschool of the Dead.
- The Misfortune of Kyon & Koizumi, a collection of short story comics by various artists, featuring the boys of the SOS Brigade and based on the internationally-bestselling Haruhi Suzumiya novel series.
- Alice in the Country of Hearts: My Fanatic Rabbit, spun off of the popular game series by QuinRose. In this telling, Alice takes up residence at Hatter Mansion with Mafia boss Blood and his faithful rabbity companion, the March Hare. (The manga adaptation of the original Alice in the Country of Hearts will be released as three omnibus volumes volumes in June 2012.)
So which ones are you guys most excited about?
Thanks again to everyone who came to our panel and who has (or will) stop by our booth!
***While we don’t usually make announcements when successive volumes of a series are released, we’re making a special exception in this case, since it’s been so long since the last volume of…CHOCOLAT! Yen Press will be releasing a HUGE omnibus at the end of this year containing the final three volumes of the series. Thank you to everyone who has patiently waited for this excellent title, and we hope you are looking forward to reading the complete Chocolat at the end of this year!